Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Heartbreaking News"

Well, remember how happy I was that the maintenance man had quit? Two of the maintenance men were brothers and were both burglars working together at stealing. I was pretty certain that the burglaries at my apt. would stop since H and L left, but sadly this has not turned out to be the case. I called Debbie up, (she has been storing stuff for me for 18 months due to my paralyzing fear of losing more belongings) and told her I need some of my clothes. I only wanted her to brings some jeans, but she brought back 5 boxes not really certain what was in each box. Turns out there was about 700 dollars worth of clothing in those boxes much of it irreplaceable. You'd be stunned at the first hand worth of clothing that I've bought secondhand. Well, in the last week about 500 dollars worth of that clothing has been stolen. I'm heartbroken. I had managed to hang on to some of it for 30 years. I have a "rag" t-shirt that is purple (you know, with the fringes? that has the iron on decal (in pink and green) that says "mtv" from the year mtv started on cable in like 1980) i picked it up in ocean city in 1982, and it's in pristine condition) I just realized its probably worth quite a bit on E Bay not to mention that it has alot of sentimental worth. Elise, a past housemate, gave me a hand me down t-shirt in 1987, she owned in the 70's, that said "MARYLAND FOOD COOP" It was the advertising slogan for the vegetarian sandwich shop run out of the university of maryland college in the 70's that had a cyclops sandwich on it. And a linen skirt that comes down to my ankles that is made of rainforest jungle fabric was stolen these are just a couple of examples............................so depressing.

I'm so desperate to get out of La Pew, but obviously I've had no luck yet.

I've decided this time not to make a police report because they haven't helped me in the past and I am afraid to get involved with the city's broken judicial system, not to mention the fact that I don't want to put my life at more risk my pressing charges against the thief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow.
All those valuable t-shirts gone.
30 year old clothing.
Irreplaceable.

Not sure what your point of not filing a police report is...

Your are PART of the broken system and you are crazy as batshit.
Get off the computer and get a job already!