Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Slide, slide slippety slide"

On my way to the library I heard this lyric: "Slide, slide slippety slide, when you're livin' in the city it's do or die"

Certainly I can come up with a few interpretations of that. I reckon it means:

"kill or be killed"

or for me it would mean "get out or die"

On this note, here is an up date on events both in my bldg, and in my neighborhood. Ever since I moved in 4 years ago, (to La pew) I noticed that the intruders usually leave a significant amount of evidence of their presence. For example, they shed hair. I found a large clump of afro hair in my bedroom. I've found a few drops of blood on the lid of my multivitamin bottle, and some blood drops on my pillowcase. On Sunday, when I forgot to hide my toothbrush they contaminated it again. They put some kind of unrecognizable gunk on my razor.

Today I noticed that they changed the placement of my blinds. In the last few days they've put chips in my car windshield, and poured some kind of permanent glue on it.

In the parking lot (this happens periodically) a group of men pull their car up next to me and just watch me, or move it a few feet then slam on the brakes, do the same thing again. The driver waved at me and then they all laugh.

This is real scary after dark. Today, I went to get on the elevator when person A was getting off. When he saw I was getting on he turned and acted confused as if he'd gotten off at the wrong floor, and then went to follow me onto the elevator. He asked" where is the property management office"

(he knows damn well where it is)

I told him, then walked to the stair case. Many men, especially the maint. man try to follow me onto the elevator. Unless I know the people and trust them, I just walk to the staircase at that point.

Next posting (today) my housing search.

There's a notice on the public buses that says:

"REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY"

As far as I'm concerned, it's all suspicious"

No comments: