Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Calling the Police was a waste of time"

I showed him the item that was placed next to my bed and he said he didn't know what it was. I told him what was missing and he started on this merry go round of intimidation tactics.

"Ms. Snyder, why would anyone, pop your air mattress, or steal food, or steal underwear that's just not logical"

me-I'm not going to try to psychoanalye these people, and I'm not going to pretend to understand the way they think. all i can say is that your department told me to call if i had any more concerns, which is what i just did.

(Why isn't anybody looking at the fact that I waited 10 days to call, and I'm calling non emergency which shows that i'm not hysterical , i'm pretty clear thinking, and i'm not going to call unless i am really worried) these are the same patterns as the criminals followed at my last place.

ms. snyder "I said, don't you see it makes no sense. do you understand"

me-I don't see it your way

cop-"Cut it with the attitude. I'm not talking to you with attitude, and i expect you to show me respect. Do you see what i am trying to explain to you? Nobody breaks into people's homes to steal their food or pop their air mattress.

cop-"Look, I have a degree in psychology"

(and i have a degree in social work, but there isn't much point in saying that now is there)

So i still feel scared and he's treating me like i'm an idiot just like they did back in the city.

"Well, how did they get in?" he insisted.

I don't know, a bump key? (I probably had these conversations with cops, mayors, chief of police, t.v., newspapers 10,000 times in the 4 years I was at La Pew. Bottom line, I don't know what goes thru a criminal's mind all i cared about at La Pew was getting out, not sticking around and hoping i didn't get murdered or raped.



cop-I can assure you, nobody else in your complex has been bothered and i can assure you nobody followed you out here from baltimore city..........................

If I disagreed with him or didn't say anything he would demand that I agree with him and see it his way. All i can say is, if i have to make another call to the police district, I won't ask for that same officer.............................

The cop who took last summers report on the fireworks complaints (fireworks every night from june thru october) made me give my email address!

Most of my experiences with the cops out here have been pretty good; this is only my 2nd bad one. But it certainly wasn't a very comforting consensus.

I wasn't the only person at la pew who regularly had their food stolen............He asked me any other items. I said that well, when they take your underwear and dishes you don't notice it right away you notice it later.

He made a face that seemed to say, why would anyone take underwear or dishes? but at La Pew-every single thing I owned but journals and books were freely taken from me............................even all of the silverware and most dishes and cookware.

Looks like I'm on my own as usual..................

(I doubt this is the most coherent piece I've ever written, but I'm pretty flustered which makes it tuf to write the best pieces)

No comments: