Friday, February 22, 2013

I worry about fire

On 7/16, i demonstrated to the maintenance man of the last complex i lived in, that our apartments are a fire trap.  I walked him through so as to prove my case.  That evening, I had a "please vacate by" letter on my dining room table.

I worry about fire alot.  Many of the situations i have lived in since 94 have been real reason to worry.

My current roomate has set off the smoke alarm 2x in 2 weeks, as well as left the oven on and left the place smelling like there was a fire...................

So, I had to think.  If I am in my bedroom and she starts a fire, could i live?  I might be able to get out the window and into the tiny plot of fenced in land, but i can't be certain with my disabilities that i could get out that window.

Even if i did successfully make it to the tiny  fenced in rear plot of land, the fences are too high for me to be able to escape the yard.  So, I could potentially burn up or die from smoke inhalation.  Like most aspects of my life i am pretty much powerless as long as i am forced to live with someone who is too sick to live independently.

No comments: