Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Positive Shmositive"

I was looking forward to sitting down with a new acquaintance to tell her about my life.  I already knew about hers.

Yesterday, as we went to sit down together she said something to the effect of:

"Now, before you say anything, you are thecause of whatever is going on in your life.  I was into alcohol and drugs but ever since i have been practicing Buddhism my life is great.  I am not going to fix anything for you or give you advice!"

"But you need to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!"

me-  (i'm very dissapointed)  Well, alrightly then goodbye"  I got up to walk away.  You are very judgemental, i said. 

her-"No, i'm not, and i will not BE SWAYED!"

(REMEMBER ehrenreich's you tube video "smile or die")

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to stand up in an office and i cried out and grabbed my right hip and limped acaross the office.  Another patron saw me and said:  OH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR LEG?

I said, oh this!  this is the way i'm forced to live 24/7 because no one will prescribe opiates.

She replied:

"HAVE YOU CONSIDERED SOUND THERAPY?"

i SAID "I know people mean well when they offer advice and thank you anyway but i'm really not wanting advice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

guy on chatline

i asked:  how is life treating you?

he said  i'm really blessed i can't complain

he said You?

I said perhaps the opposite of you.

;he said WELL I DOUBT THAT.  I REFUSE TO BE NEGATIVE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ehrenreich's book said something about how in the u.s. if you don't buy into the whole positive thinking movement you can expect to be socially ousted!

No comments: