Friday, September 27, 2013

"Small town kindness small town ways"

I have $4.00 that I can allot toward food costs today.  I was on my way to a place to see if they had any kind of egg sandwich for four or less.

On the way, I saw a booth set up that was for all intents and purposes a canned food drive.  The volunteer asked me if I wanted to donate and I told her that her collection goes to folks like me.  Then I said "Oh, I know you-you have been volunteering at the soup kitchen!

She knew me and we discussed hunger issues for about 10  or 15 minutes.  She said "Don't move an inch I'll be right back"

She consults with another volunteer, comes back and hands me a $15 dollar gift certificate for what turns out to be my favorite restaurant!

;)

I thought you might enjoy that anecdote, that stuff so rarely happens.

No comments: