Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"EBT/food stamp/ Inconveniences and nightmares"

Today out of necessity I went to the only market within at least a 2 mile radius that takes food stamps.  They are all out of what I need, AND they can't take my food stamps anyhow because they just changed ownership so the ebt is down.

But this next story takes the cake.  I've known for years that you can't buy hot food with food stamps.  So, if possible what you do is you buy it frozen, heat it in their microwave if they have one then you are allowed to eat it, in most cases out at the curb since there are often no tables and chairs.

So, I bought the refrigerated sandwich with my ebt, heated it up, sat down in the market to eat it.  I was stopped and told YOU CAN'T EAT THAT IN HERE!

I was baffled and still am.  After I asked a couple of employees to try to explain this to me it still doesn't make any sense.  They said:  If you had purchased it with cash or credit card you'd be allowed to eat it in our establishment.  But because you bought it with ebt you cant.  "We just found out last week you know.  And if you eat that here we could lose our license!"  "Only if we had a restaurant license would you be able to eat that in here!"

WOW!  DO YOU READERS HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD I HAVE TO THINK TO SURVIVE?!

No comments: