Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Is there ANY good news?"

 I've been feeling devastated and very traumatized from 14 months worth of nearly daily vandalism to my car. Especially as I thought about the thousands of dollars worth of damage that's been done.

The GOOD news is, because my car is SO OLD, i've lost no more then a couple hundred dollars in trade in value!

I study cars on the road, in parking lots.  -Typically I make a mental  note of the make and model.

I've always driven cars that are old, even though it makes more financial sense to drive newer cars as long as you can afford the up front costs.   Repair expenses are  astronomical. In my mind, it is more sensible to make a slightly higher car payment, then to sink a thousand dollars into my 14 year old car every 3 months! But because I can't pass credit checks I don't qualify for a new car.

KBB value is between 500 and 625 on my car regardless of what she's lived thru!

No comments: