Saturday, October 15, 2011

"The Many Uses of an Umbrella"

Today my umbrella's primary use is as a cane. I have many days where I am very weak. One of the hallmarks of fibromyalgia is exercise intolerance and "they" recommend you not exercise more then a few min a day when you have this condition. But there are many days where I have no choice but to walk a minimum of 2 miles since I no longer have a car. I am swerving like a drunk today when I walk. I have heard this complaint from other girls with fm (fibromyalgia) my umbrella is a little too short to use as a proper cane, and some recommend I just buy a walking stick.

I can recall seeing advertisements for the "jazzy" power wheelchair and wishing I had one, but at the same time knowing that in "Mountain Town" it'd be practically useless since in many places there are either no sidewalks, or torn up sidewalks with no curb cuts.

Just because you see a person with fm dance a little on one day, doesn't mean they are faking it the next. Our abilities varie with the day, month, season, etc.

No comments: