Monday, November 21, 2011

Symptoms bizarre and mysterious

 A couple of times a year I wake up feeling rested.  It will feel as if I could accomplish 6 to 8 hours worth of tasks. Not an hour and a half later, I'll be out and about and my eyes will get very heavy and I have no choice but to return home.  With fm (fibromyalgia) sleep is not typically restful.

When possible, especially now that winter is setting in; I'll do one day home, one day out. I'm extremely limited with the pain,  the weakness and the nerve damage.

On one of my happiest days in "Mountain Town" I was telling a driver who I hitched a ride with that the joy of the day was so big I had no words to describe it. It was in June, and I had discovered despite all of my serious illnesses that I still had the capacity to hula hoop AND dance.

The driver  also had lyme disease like me!  When I told her how long it was before I got treated, she stated that:

"untreated lyme sometimes leads to Lou Gehrig's disease!  I told her it didn't surprise me because I've had frequent symptoms over the last 6 years that seem to mimic those of Lou Gehrig's disease.  ;(

(But my friend randy* is a lyme disease expert  and  never mentioned a link between the 2 diseases.)

You would be surprised how many people out in society look perfectly healthy but have one or more serious diseases. Many folks (including myself) look healthy but definitely r not.

No comments: