Monday, June 1, 2015

Core biopsy on both breasts under general anesthesia

I had the procedure on Thursday morning and everything that could go wrong did go wrong except the actual surgery. When I got to the hospital they told me that they may not go through with the surgery because I don't have anyone to stay with me in my home.

I assumed that my ride was going to stay with me in the hospital and also stay with me at my house but that turned out to not be the case.

That basically meant that I had to fight with for staff people at the hospital. I told them if they refuse to do the surgery then I'm not coming back ever.

The bottom line is that they did it but they only did it because they were under the impression that I could come up with someone to stay with me. I easily made six contacts with Home Health Care letting them know that I would need them the bottom line is that they never came through for me.

The surgery itself was done under general anesthesia so there was no pain, but the blood pressure cuff always makes me scream out and they had to check me every 7 minutes. It was depressing to be in the hospital by myself. I was released from surgery at 10:30 a.m. but my ride didn't come till 1215 in the afternoon.

It turned out that the discharge paperwork stated that one of the reasons why you need someone to stay with you is because you should not be operating any sort of appliances. I actually nearly burned the apartment down put water on for coffee and forgot all about it, then read that this is one of the reasons why they don't want you to be alone.

I said to the hospital staff so the results won't be in until Tuesday is that correct. This is my intuition nobody told me this but this is my intuition. The hospital told me oh no you'll know by Monday. When I actually called my primary care doctor on Monday late afternoon they stated that I was correct that they don't know anything... Quite frankly I'm not worried at all about cancer its other things that have me non functional but it's not the cancer or potential cancer

No comments: