Saturday, December 24, 2016

Freaky adoptee memories

Here is just one memory that I think of rather often. At some point in 2006 or 2007 I saw the balloons with the directions to my uncle's house (in Baltimore) so that people can "sit Shiva" in his memory. ( an open house that allows people to come and go everyday for about a week and it's basically a party celebrating the life of the deceased in the Jewish religion)

Can you imagine what it would be like to see the invitation to a p"party" of your immediately immediate family member and you can't go (because u aren't welcome) you never even met the the uncle who died? I never met any of the family on my father's side.

My father (who I only met thrice) he thinks he can forbid me from introducing myself to my family

There aren't many people that you could discuss that kind of memory with because there aren't many people that could relate to something that freaky

No comments: