Sunday, May 16, 2010

Review of Hotel 1

When I arrived there was no one at the reception desk. I had to call out for someone. I told her I'm a light sleeper and can she put me in the quietest room. She put me on the 3rd floor rear, which was very considerate. I wanted to know about the hotel's ameneties and I did directly ask. She didn't answer other then to start naming numerous restaurants where you can get a discount because you stayed in this hotel.

When I got up to the room I had to try to figure out what the ameneties are. Is there a sheet saying as much? Yes, I think there was. Darn, a fan runs when you try to turn on the bathroom light. I find that annoying and don't use the light. There is a little coffee pot, I don't know how to use it, but there is complimentary coffee downstairs. The inside of the air conditioner looks gross, there are some loose screws just sitting there in the unit. I thought it stopped working as it took a long time to kick into gear.

The phone is filthy dirty I don't want to touch it. The tones the decorations are ugly, 60's like. There are no bedspreads. There is a note that says that they are in the middle of renovations and that's why there are no bedspreads. (I think that's ridiculous, you should figure out a way o resolve that)

The beds are new and very comfortable. I was dissapointed that there are so few channels on the t.v. The hotel is relatively quiet. They serve what they call continental breakfast. Hard boiled eggs, ceral, oatmeal, toast, pancake syrup, muffins, coffee.

Despite the negatives, I would stay here again. If I were running a hotel, customers would get to stay 24 hours for thier money. I think it's a rip off to not give customers a full day for their money.

No comments: