Friday, November 30, 2012

I'll be HOMELESS for the holidays

I chose this title for my blog piece today because it is a play on the song: "I'll be home for the holidays"

On 11/14/2012 after expending my disability check on motels, I was forced to show up yet again at the psychiatric hospital solely so that I would not freeze to death.  This is a "trick" I did not know about prior to 5/2011.

Much to my surprise, the intake worker told me that many many homeless show up at the psych. hospital solely so that they will not die on the street.

So, this is where I was during Thanksgiving.  All total since I lost my last apt. in August I was forced to spend a month in the hospital.  My this sure provides plenty of fodder for my non fiction writings!

As of yesterday I am in an apt. again, which feels like a miracle.  However, due to the violence I have been living with in the last 8 years, I think it would take me at least a year of no violent crimes, to feel safe again.

More musings on the events in the hospital are coming soon.

No comments: