Friday, July 22, 2016

Bedridden for many many months

https://sites.google.com/site/kinggenealogy/johnkingnatarchives

Implication from the papers I found is that my grandfather was George Washington's life guard it says that John King enlisted Washington's lifeguard pay not to be drawn. The things I found in the last few days are really exciting I believe I forgot John's wife's name now Alicia. He was a lieutenant and he was also a captain he traveled through York Pennsylvania as well as Virginia I think at some point he was taken as prisoner of war I can't find any images of him yet butthis is a heck of a lot of fun to learn about

In 1780 he was a major in the 4th Battalion York Pennsylvania to Tyrone Township I found his payroll sheet, jan.1, 1777

If any of you are Revolutionary War historians please feel free to fill in the blanks and feel free to Google his name yourself if you like let me know if you can find any images of him I don't know his date of birth or his date of death yet because I don't have the money to pay ancestry.com to get those sorts of details but it is amazing what you can find out without spending a penny

2 comments:

Monica said...

Elana - we have ancestry.com at the library...not the full package but you might be able to find something.
Your friendly neighborhood librarian - Monica

elana r. snyder said...

Making lots of progress! One of my fb genaeology groups gifted me the ancestry dna test. ;)