Thursday, November 12, 2009

"A 6 year wait"

I finally got to the dentist. There is a social service program at c.c. social services that paid for the exam and x-rays.

  It was a nightmare. I expected the x rays to be bad but not that bad. What I mean is they use some newfangled rings that are huge. she couldn't get them in my mouth. she said stuff like:

 "I don't know what to do" "I've done this work for 30 years yet i don't know what to do!"

She was like a bull in a china shop. She'd pull my hair, bang the x ray machine into my mouth by accident, I felt gagged by the plastic protective covers on the rings. When she said she didn't know what to do I said:

"Why don't you use the dental tools that are typically for the children? or  why don't u just ask the doctor how you should proceed?"

 She kept repeating the same procedure with no success.  .  I  told her that my pain is excruciating but she didn't seem concerned.

So the bottom line is that I thought she was horribly unprofessional. I considered switching to somebody else. She was unable to complete the x-rays.

  I said to the dentist: "She is implying that she has never seen a mouth as small as mine" Ridiculous.

When all is said and done I likely won't lose any teeth to gum disease. no cavities, teeth in good condition.

Need to get cleaning but can't unless the welfare office approves the costs.

No comments: