Friday, October 22, 2010

"don't you know"

"Don't you know that you are a shooting star, and all the world will love you just as long, as long as you are, a shooting star" (they love you when you are a success, they kick you when you're down)

This is the lyric from the 70's rock song that crossed my mind as I read Susan Boyle's life story "The Woman I was Meant to be"

I thought about how she was taunted and abused her whole life by society until last year when she became an "overnight sensation"

Now she gets hundreds of cards, letters and gifts per day!

She is also an AMAZING AMAZING writer. I connected with her story on many many levels as she considered careers in all the same things as I; teaching, music, and social work............

But I largely get that most people are cruel, and her only refuge for most of her life was her big loving family.

I strongly encourage you to read this book. It's in the library, the wal mart, and all the big and little book stores.

No comments: