Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Returning to some older blog themes

Customer Dis-service and Rude Ass Society

It's no different. Most transactions make me wonder if it would be better if I had just stayed at home. I visited a library that is not my usual one. I discovered right around 95/96 that I strongly prefer to stay out of stores and libraries that have security guards. They give me the feeling that the environment I'm in is a. not safe and b. that I am being watched. Well, I guess there's a c. as well. Security guards frequently give off a vibe that is just yukky and leaves me feeling unsettled.

Today I'm in a library with a very cozy reading area. It's surprisingly quiet and I think perhaps I'll come to this one more often. I carefully consider that it is o.k. for me to leave my very heavy backpack in the seat for 10 minutes while I get up and ask the librarian a question. While I'm doing that, the guard who knows perfectly well where my seat is, and whose backpack it is, watches me and listens to every word that I'm saying to the clerk.

As he walks me over to the stacks obviously she does not follow.

I'm gone from my seat for about 10 minutes. I return and my bag is GONE! Can you believe that?! I said oh my god my bag is gone. A patron said "Someone came and took it away and probably put it in lost and found" So, I walked into the main part of the library and the guard heard me to go information and say "My bag is gone, where is lost and found"

The guard said nothing, but probably enjoyed every minute of it. I said to the clerk I left the bag there because it's so heavy. So I shlepped to lost and found and got my bag back.

I consider complaining about the guard because I am sure she does this for kicks! She KNOWS this is my bag, and she knows I've gotten up to ask a question. peaceful library experience ruined........................

No comments: