Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Twisted minds at Twisted Pines"

You may recall that "Twisted Pines" is the name I've given my apt. community. Tonight, as I got out of my car and went into the trunk, I heard a gunshot. This is approximately the 3rd time this has happened to me.

I called non emergency police and made an anonymous report. I explained that it is an intimidation tactic. The officer asked me why? Why, why? I wonder. Why do i have to participate in a psychoanalysis session. He did not say that he would send someone out so I don't know if he will or he won't.

Today is Lennon's birthday!


Earlier today on the Dan Rodrick's show on NPR a man called in and said that when he makes calls to the Baltimore City police, they only show up to the crime scene if he is willing to give his name and address. He fears retaliation from his neighbors when he gives his name and address, but sees that he is in a no win situation. Rodricks was deeply disturbed to hear that police don't always show.

It IS deeply disturbing to realize that in many cases citizens do not feel that the police are their allies or there to protect and serve.

At the Carroll county dollar store, the 18 yo clerk told me that her and her boyfriend went to downtown Baltimore to see a concert the other night. When her b/f saw a cop car he went out of his way to avoid them even though he has nothing to hide.

An officer followed them and pulled them over.

 He said: "Why do you have so many things hanging from your rear view mirror? Get out of the car"

The officer proceeded to search the entire vehicle! The clerk relayed to me that she was stunned.

 I said," I'll bet you won't go back to the city will ya?

"No" she replied.

After searching the car and finding nothing, the officer said "It's just that, I knew you were trying to avoid me!"

Need I say more?!

No comments: