Friday, September 2, 2011

"Shattered Dreams, Desperate Souls/Part 2"

I want to help this young Navaho save his marriage. I shared with him the basics of what I feel confident I can do for him, but that I will only help/guide him as much as he gives me permission to.

He has a history of suicide attempts yet when I told him the plan I had  2 help him he was on board and excited.

  Sadly before we could get the plan underway, he was thrown in jail for public drunkenness and loitering. (loitering because he is homeless) I never saw him again.

The second man is near my age and despondent but in denial.    I told him I knew I could help, but only if he gave me permission. He did not....................

I'm very confident in the skills I've learned  in college and it would be wonderful to put those skills to use/ but I'm still seriously ill and cannot even consider seeking paid employment for at least 2 months.

Rapper Jay-z states in "Empire State of mind" that:

"only half of you will make it" He may very well  be right about that.......

No comments: