Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Will the universe REALLY provide?"

For the most part, trusting the universe to provide you what you need has not worked for me. But I really, really, really, wanted a shot at the $500 first place prize in the recent singing contest.

The "universe" part of the equation comes in here. I had no cab fare to get home and the buses aren't running after 9:15 p.m.  on weekdays.

   I told the some patrons at the karaoke bar that I was trusting the universe to get me the money to get home!    One guy said:  "You gave me the priviledge of seeing you dance, so you just "earned" the cab fare you need!

It turns out that the  advertisement for the contest was incorrect, one would have had to enroll an entire week ago for a shot at the money.  ;( 

  But 5 days later there was another singing contest at another locale for 200$; I tried but I did not place.  I consider it work to have to go and wait around for me turn and all that.

  I sang "Car Wash" which the crowd loved (apparently my dancing is what gets them going) and it was pure joy. When I see people hooping and hollering or up on the dance floor when I'm performing I feel like I'm doing what I was intended 2 do with my life!

I will keep showing up on  practice nights and hopefully get better and better.............

No comments: