Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 26 PLUMBER ARRIVES!

Plumber arrives with manager. I was way past my breaking point, and thinking I'd be forced out of my apt. even quicker then planned, due to the conditions. The first thing the manager asked was "why didn't you contact me earlier?" "You didn't go through proper channels" (oyyy) While the plumber is fixing the toilet she said: "cute space heater" I told her that the heat from the living room doesn't make it into the bedroom. She replied that the building is an awful design. Now this is true, but it surprises me that nothing can be done about it. I told her that after dark, I wear my coat, hat and scarf indoors. She was stunned. I told her that I can't believe no resident has told her that before. Personally, I've put four formal complaints in about the heater but was told that nothing can be done.

Life's just a huge balancing act.  I work my butt off to find a healthier environment to live in, while trying to survive in a toxic one.  As it stands, I sit by the oven during commercials if the temp. outside gets below 35. Today is a "great day" because Balto. is due to stay above 40 degrees.

Found out today, that if you are a Balto. City resident and you have a code violation concern, you are supposed to call 3-1-1. That's emergency and non-emergency response. yes, i've used the # before, but now I know that that is where you are to place formal requests to have an inspector come out.

Still aggressively seeking new place to live. As you know, I've always been fascinated by www.ic.org. For low income people the most logical place to live is in one of the http://www.thefec.org communities, but you absolutely need to be well and physically strong.

I admit, I do not enjoy roughing it! That's probably no surprise at this point, ehh?!

No comments: