Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day 15, No Working Toilet

Deplorable.  I  will try to get everything in storage this weekend, stay on sofas?,   put in apps. for subsidized housing in other states, start staying and visiting intentional communities. No matter what I do, I feel homeless. If I stay here I'll feel homeless, if I leave I'll feel homeless, but living there is destroying my health, so it's simply not an option.

   Contacted Governor O'Malley twice. He gave me a contact over at HUD, she said there is nothing she can do about the robberies since my property is out of her jurisdiction, nor is she "allowed" to send an outside contractor to repair the toilet. The new owner says that because no one else has complained to her of burglaries there is nothing she can do without all of the police reports. I told her that police refuse to make a report most of time. Plus, I've had some of my written records stolen despite having saved virtually everything.

Can't let a maint. man into my place til everything in storage. Can't stand to see his face anymore, so I can't be in the apt. when they do the repair. The chances of the new owner prosecuting the maint. man is extremely slim, and I can't afford to throw more of my life away while these officials pussyfoot around and make me run in circles.

No comments: