Thursday, January 24, 2008

Flashback 1/16/96 "Day to Day life in Baltimore"

Had to catch the #27 for the first time in a week. Aiming to catch  the 8:44 a.m. bus. I walked to 33rd and fell in a snowdrift, then fell on my ass/lower back in the 7-11 parking lot because no one had bothered to clear away the ice/snow for the patrons. I was pissed. I went in their screaming and told them that the next person to fall is going to sue them.

Had to stand in the street to catch the bus, since sidewalks aren't clear. Arrived at my interview at 9:40 a.m. 10 minutes late. No one noticed or cared. They gave me a test, math, spelling, grammar and then asked me which software packages I am proficient in. I said none. It seemed to take him about 25 minutes to attempt to politely tell me that my chances of gaining employment are very slim with no computer skills.

I left at 11:20 and on my way to the bus stop I saw a Channel 3 cameraman. I asked him what the big news story of the day is and he said nothing much! "The owner of that store down there was shot and killed, but that's all." I replied: "Anytime someone gets killed it should be a big deal!"

He said: "I guess that I'm just desensitized to it all."

The whole thing really messes with my head. I never know whether I'll be next or not. I'm gonna become a tough ass bitch if I stay in this city. I had to walk a long side the DO NOT CROSS ribbons (death on Eutaw Street) to get to where I was supposed to catch the bus. (librarian just asked me to log out, I'll have to finish this entry the next time)

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: