Thursday, March 5, 2009

"The Biggest Loser Challenge"

I catch snippets of this show every now and again where as I used to watch the entire 2 hours of it nearly every Tuesday. I was really impressed and touched the other day when Allison asked the blue team and the black team to complete their challenge at the L.A. food bank. Whoever loads 150 crates of food onto the truck first, wins free food for a year. It was poignant to hear the one contestant say that she loves being on the helping end this time because she's had to use the food banks in the past. She feels desperate to win because her and her kids are struggling.

An 18 year old boy won the free food for a year and gave it away to the woman who is struggling! He told her that he doesn't need it and will she please accept his gift!

I see very few experiences of human kindness in my own day to day life. Wasn't it a great Biggest Loser moment?!

No comments: