Friday, March 27, 2009

"If I told you everything that goes wrong each day"

If I told you EVERYTHING that goes wrong each day, you might think I'm seeking pity. So here are just the highlights. I reckon I could theoretically tell all on my anonymous website where it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Here goes:

The events of 3/27 thus far.

Approximately 1 p.m. I call the Social Sec. Admin. to find out when payday is. I do that then I listen to an automated message that says "press 2 if you want to hear about Obama's stimulus package" I do that. I find out people on soc. security are supposed to receive 250 dollars in May. Will it be garnished like last year even though we are under a different president? I ask the ssa girl and she says she doesn't know. I call the i.r.s. and spend about 1/2 hour in the automated menu, get transferred to another irs line that is especially for the stim. package. At neither line are there any real people to talk to. I decide I'll call H and R block and ask one of the tax preparers if my check will be garnished under Obama. Yes, he said.

I leave the house around 2. I take the staircase because the elevators are scary and it's best if I see as few neighbors as possible. Just as I'm emerging to exit the staircase the maint. man gets on. Normally he doesn't take the staircase unless he sees me on it.

I try to exit on the west side of the bldg. but I can't because the girl who vandalizes my car is blocking that exit. I walk the block and 1/2 to my car to leave for the day. I'm still continually having to change the location of my car but the vandal/vandals still find it.



I drive

only 5 miles North. In that 5 miles I pull over 3x for the MD Transit Police who are recklessly pursuing assailants I suppose. One almost hits me. I make a left into the MC Donalds and the truck behind me tries to pass me on the right in the park lot and nearly hits me. I get out and there are 3 cops cars in the lot. They are frisking a man and have pulled everything out of his pockets. There are 2 police helicoptors flying overhead.

I leave there and



head west on Timonium Road. I have to pull over again for another MD Transit Authority police officer. I get on 83 south

'm stunnned it's bumper to bumper traffic. Turns out there is a motorcycle accident so there are emer. vehicles everywhere. I travel about 2 or 3 miles and I see a car going about 100 that is about ready to crash into the back of my car. I swerve into the left lane to avoid being hit. He loses control of his car and CRASHES INTO THE GUARDRAIL!

I pull out my cell to report the accident, slow down to about 30 but don't stop. My cell doesn't work. I show up to my computer class 15 minutes late. Walk in the door just to find out that the teacher didn't show.

I

tell the group about the drama on the road.

Janet

says

to me "you think you have it so hard, well i'll tell you, i had to take 3 buses to get here"

I'm thinking, what a martyr this woman is always trying to convince me how hard her life is. I replied

"I was on buses for years so I know. You always try to convince me that your life is so much harder then mine."

J.-"Well ,

my life is alot harder than yours because

ecause "you're

alot younger than me."(she's about 70)

E-"You sure are judgemental and you know nothing about my life"

J-"Oh yes I do!"

I leave there for the library and here I am. My one friend feels it's always healthier to get out of the house, but in Baltimore I feel that's very debatable.

No comments: