Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"life on the streets" "i did not have sex with THAT woman"

It was about 1994, when I realized that one doesn't have to be homeless to be living "on the streets." iF YOU are forced to walk, and take public transit in most anyplace in u.s. you are most certainly "LIVING ON THE STREETS!"

Thinking about my 10 months in Mountain Town, at least 2 men that I met "on the streets" tried to convince me, (a complete stranger,) that they did not commit "said crime."

I.E. When I was living at the "Dye Inn" it didn't take me more then a few days to find out that even the manager of the hotel was on probation. He told me about said crime and then went into a long monologue , his side of the story, indicating that he absolutely did not commit the crime he was accused of. hE went on to say:

"When people come to mountain town they think they are going on vacation, but when they leave I guarantee you they WILL be on probation!"

(I will never forget this as long as I live!)

I think, why are you revealing to me that you are an accused criminal? You don't know me, so why do you even care whether or not I PERSONALLY do or do not believe that you commited "said crime!"

Today, there was a man at the bus stop who I know lives at the "Crazy 8" (the public housing complex I live in just got named by me today!) Subsidized rent in the section 8 program( I interviewed him just like a good journalist would do!

Asked him "How long have you lived there , are yu happy?"

He said "18 months. I'm not happy because every roomate I've ever had has been crazy. He went quickly into monologue mode, not caring what I say or think about what he says. "So there was this woman in my house and she is butt ugly (oh, and what are you Prince Harry?!" You are a far cry from handsome yourself, mister! I think to myself.) and she took off her underwear and she yelled "rape"

"I did not rape that woman" the man purported.

Me-"Have you formally been charged with rape?" I asked.

Him-"I don't know"

Me-"Well, there's nothing to contest. If she did the rape kit, and your semen was in her body then you lose!"

(he completely ignored didn't HEAR me) I repeated myself. I said "they cannot convict you without the evidence, did she do the rape kit"?

blah blah blah......I said, "if you are a criminal then y are you here at this bus stop with me?!"

"Because my court date hasnt come up, there are lots of accused crims. on street who are walking around! and I'm telling you she is hideous."

elana-"Well, how did she get in your home?"

him-"Because SHE IS MY FRIEND AND I LET HER STAY WITH ME!"

ELANA (OH GOD HELP ME i think to myself.)

As we boarded the bus I said, "good luck with your court case."

He thanked me, and I cut off eye contact on the bus, and found a friend to engage with so I didn't have to talk to him anymore.

I am

"LIVING ON THE STREETS" WOULDN'T YOU SAY?!

No comments: