Monday, June 11, 2007

"Getting There"



I spend anywhere from 2 to 6 hours a day commuting which "becomes" my day.

When I went to see Barbara Ehrenreich talk about her book: "Nickel and Dimed" one of the people in the audience asked her the following question, "Why didn't you use public transportation to do your experiment?"

Barbara replied: "Because then my book would have been only about public transportation!"

She hit the nail on the head.

About 3 years ago, I decided that I would have a chapter in my book entitled: GETTING THERE. A few months ago, a new column popped up in the Baltimore Sun entitled: GETTING THERE! His focus is private transportation, but I thought: "hey, that's my title!"

So for those of you who want to read about my daily transportation trevails, please see:

"GETTING THERE!"

No comments: