Friday, February 1, 2008

"I've fallen and i can't get up!"

Sometimes it's scary to live alone. What if I fall and can't reach the phone? What if I'm too sick and weak to get to the phone?!

. This was put to the test on Thursday. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, when my face got hot really fast, I got naucious and collapsed. I wasn't totally unconscious, but wondered: "Am I gonna die in this prison cell?"

I came to enough to get to the phone. Stayed on the phone with a friend for 5 minutes and had her just talk me through whether or not I should call an ambulance. I decided that since I do live alone, I don't want to take another chance at another incident later in the day. She dropped me off at the e.r.

They ran a bunch of tests, and can't figure out why I collapsed. They said that many e.r. admissions are due to collapse. So they have ordered an echocardiogram (not sure exactly what that is) but I assume it allows them to see stuff they can't normally see. I'll keep you informed! I'd bet most people think: "Why "life alert" if you're young?" Because any manner of things could happen to a person even if they aren't a senior citizen.

No comments: