Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"The Miracle of Life"

I guess for most people who have never been pregnant, they might wonder: "what's the big deal about an ultrasound?!" But preg. women get all excited about the whooshing, and the picture, and the excitement about the new life they have created.

Today I had an echogram. I thought about how similar it is to the ultrasound. I heard the whooshing of my heart, and saw the picture. The tech. said that I have a very "imogenic heart" (kinda like being photogenic) She said not everybodys heart is so easy to see! Anyhow, she said the chambers look clear and normal by what she can tell, and I thought to myself that it is amazing that my heart would look normal, given what it has been thru.

The "echo" goes to the cardiologists who will read it, and then see if there are any problems. (The reason an echo was ordered is because I have chest pain, irregular heartbeat, and collapsed 2 weeks ago in my bathroom)

I'll know the results in 3 days, and I'll let you know what's goin' on. Have you ever had an echo?

5 comments:

Ghosty said...

Yes! I had an echogram some years ago, as I was starting a physically demanding job at the time. The whooshing wasn't all that thrilling, but they did say I had a nice, strong heart. Sadly, this meant I wasn't getting the desk position. :(

Anonymous said...

Never had one before. Waiting to hear the results. take care of yourself, from "all of us"

Athena, Ivan, The Integral...

Anonymous said...

sorry I haven't called lately.......I've been extremely busy....I'm soooo tired now, I think I'm gonna pass out.

later

elana r. snyder said...

your funny!

elana r. snyder said...

thank you athena, and ivan. will keep you informed!