Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You're having to wait longer and longer to read postings from me

Because, I simply cannot handle the buses anymore. I felt however, that it's not a bad idea to at least replace my stolen bus pass. I was absolutely dreading it, because it's always traumatic to use public transit. I decided to go on the day that reached 72 degrees last Wednesday. I'm not going to record here, the details of what happened that day, (both on and off the buses) as I doubt you'll believe me. 4 buses and one cab. An all day affair to get downtown and back. But here's what I will tell you and that you will believe.

At 11 a.m. ish I was at 33rd and Greenmount waiting for the #3 bus. When I got home and watched the evening news, I learned that at about 7 a.m. this morning, in daylight hours, a 16 year old girl was blindfolded, abducted and taken from the bus stop 1/2 block away from where I was, taken to a warehouse and raped...........................

No comments: