Thursday, May 22, 2008

part 3/events of may 20

I consider going to Bagelo but worry about getting robbed. I wonder which of these contractos is indirectly responsible for robbing V. I tell the contr. who has just entered my home about the hx. of robberies of my apt. and that I can't decide whether to leave or not. (the noise of drills and hammers is unbearable) He replies-"If I were you, I wouldn't leave. Not with all of these strangers coming and going."

I turn down the classic rock. He smiles and says: "You can leave that on!"

Contractors are walking past my door, and really digging the tunes. Some are dancing, some are singing, some just smile.

On 100.7 "The Bay" they are featuring music of the year 1974. They do a snippet of dialogue from the old t.v. show "Good Times" which I can really relate to.

j.j.'s sister-"WHAT CHU GONNA DO TODAY , J.J.?"

j.J.-"WELL, IT'S A TOSS US BETWEEN TURNING ON THE T.V. AND WATCHING THE FIGHTS, OR OPENING UP THE WINDOW TO LISTEN TO THE FIGHTS!"

;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Korean neighbor sees my door opened and just wanders in. I can't understand his English But I can surmise what's going on. He asks if the rehab is today, but he just says: "today?"- because he only knows a couple of words of the English language. So, I show him , in a sort of sign language, what will be done today. He says: "Trouble, big trouble." and then starts talking to me in complete; but completely unintelligible English. I think he is trying to tell me his wife is sick; but I don't know for sure.

After he leaves I put on my protective earmuffs because the noise hurts my ears and I don't want to acquire any more hearing loss.

They prop the apt. door wide open, so it's really dangerous for me to leave the apt. for very long.

3:00-I turn on Ellen Degeneres and think: the bedroom closet doors look pretty. 3 minutes later a man knocks on my bedroom door. I yell for him to come in thinking that they were all done in my bedroom. He doesn't say excuse me or anything. He plugs a shop vac. into the same outlet as my t.v. is plugged into and turns it on to so called "clean" the carpet near the closet. The vacuum cleaner must be broken. A thick cloud if dirt, dust and pieces of paint fly thru the room and into my eyes. You can imagine how upset I am. AFter about 4 minutes I say:

E-"Please TURN THAT OFF! I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO ANYMORE!

cONTRACTOR-I CAN'T TURN IT OFF, I HAVE TO DO THIS

e-TURN IT OFF! IT'S BROKEN AND IT'S BLOWING STUFF ALL OVER MY ROOM!

It's 5:30 and a contractor finally comes to give me a sink and turn the water back on. I ask him if I can load the sink with dirty dishes yet. He says: No, because I haven't tested the water yet."

I point out the sea of dead roaches surrounding the water heater that were there when i moved in. I told him that his staff promised to clean that up before putting in the kitchen cupboards. He said: "I can't clean it up, because staff have all gone home without me and they have the vac. cleaner.

3 minutes later, he says: "I see what the problem is, one of your pipes has burst!"

E-"So, you'll be here for a while?"

C-"Yes, but I have to get more tools. (The roaches are now swimming in a pool, and he can't leave my kitchen like that)

6:30- Maam. I sorry that your floor is wet, I had to get up the bugs with rags since I have no shop vac.

E-THANK YOU. i REPLY

(I'm in day 3 of this ridiculousness, still not being told in advance when they are coming and what they are doing. Obviously, I had to get out of the house today. I listed to almost 4 hours of drilling today but had to get out. More La Pew postings coming soon)

No comments: