Monday, October 13, 2008

"Can the time tick any slower?"

My ex auto mechanic said that he could probably find me a car. He asked if I could afford 100 a month payments as you recall. He said he'd do some research for me and that I was to call him back.

He referred me to a dealer that he says will work with me. When I mentioned to the dealer that Nate said I could do 100 dollar mo. payments, the dealer said: "No that's not true. I don't have anything for under 200 a month" He invited me to come take a look. I hope to bring Skip with me who used to be an auto mechanic.

So, at this point I have the dealer at his word only that he'll work with me. At my current income 200 a month is huge, (because you also have gas, and insurance) but if I had a car I could probably get hired fairly quickly. As you recall, Nate advised me not to buy a 1700 dollar car but to use that as a down payment.

I told a friend today that most Americans would become suicidal if they lost the use of a car. He agreed.

Suzie Orman surprised me today on the Oprah show (she did a show called: "What can you afford") When she told the nurse who needs an suv so she can be safe after dark as a nurse, suzie said: safety is of the utmost for a single woman, I'm approving you for the car.....................

I'm pleased to hear her say that because by no means is it safe or practical to be without. Also, 2 teens were carjacked at the Timonium lightrail today.............................AND THEY HAD A CAR!

So, I 'll see if that dealer will approve me, and if he doesn't then I'll have no choice but to turn to ebay and the like.

No comments: