Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Part 2/ Not getting there/ my new/used car"

Nate-"Go there and don't let them make a copy, they have to make one from scratch using the vin #"

I go immediately there. As I'm trying to find the right part of the dealership to use, an employee intentionally throws himself into the plate glass window, make a loud noise, I grab my chest and scream. he laughs. Then he comes out of the shop.

He looks at me and says:"Oh, I"m sorry, I thought you were somebody else"

I ignore him and don't say anything. He was hoping I'd say "no problem" but I'm thinking you asshole.........................

I go to the restroom and then find the correct part of the dealership to discuss the key problem. That same man who intentionally scared me, (thinking I was someone else) came to the counter to supposedly "wait on me" (lucky me, to see him again)

We'll call him Kevin.

Kevin-"I'm sorry, I thought you were another employee, her, he pointed"

E-I still don't say "no problem" which is upsetting to him. I wait for someone to say "may I help you"

There are about 5 male employees and one female. Although her hair is the same color as mine she does not look like me.

Finally Kevin asks if he can help me. I explain that my mechanic has asked me to get a key made, but absolutely not off of the original. He says: "Your key doesn't work at all?"

I'm wondering why he is pressing the issue, when I've made it clear not to use that key.

E_"My mechanic told me to absolutely not copy it"

You're going to need proof of ownership of the auto. I realize that all of that paperwork got left at home when the car was in the shop. I asked if he can call the dealer to ask them if I own the car. The whole process takes about 10 or 15 minutes. They ask me to drive home to get the paperwork.

I come back 1.5 hours later after I eat. I go to the service counter.

Instead of asking how they can help me, the one clerk says: "I hear you got quite a scare earlier. K. tried to scare you. Another employee chimed in on the issue. No one seems interested in helping me.

"Well, he's a moron throwing himself into a plate glass window to scare me, but don't tell him I said that"

So, I give the woman the papers and initially it doesn't seem I have proof enough. Finally she finds what she needs.

I go to step out to the car and plan to return.

A man (seemingly also an employee) was sitting in the customer wait. area, and said something incoherent to me on my way to the car. "You got a sheep out there"

E-"What?"

"You got quite a sheep out there?"

E-"I still can't hear you.

"You got quite a scare out there by our employee didn't you?"

I ignore him and keep walking to my car.

"Well, you have a nice day"

E-"I'm not leaving"

"Well, have a nice day anyway" he said again.

The dealership makes me 2 keys, costing 30 dollars. I show them that even with the new key, there is still a problem. The woman employee lectures me on how I have to fight for my rights to have safe car. She doesn't seem to get, that I am fighting.

So, the abs light, the engine light, the battery light, and the key still won't turn in the ignition, I'm still worried about getting stranded, and I'm going to have to go back to nate by 9 a.m.

In 2 more weeks, I won't have to go thru the dealer anymore, but hopefully in 2 more weeks, I'll have a safe enough car that I can begin interviewing!

The stress of this is unbelievable.

No comments: