Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"

Did you know I was a comic book collector as a kid? I remember one of my professional aspirations was that I wanted to be a cartoonist for a living!

Anyhow, I've always been a huge "Peanuts" fan. What an intelligent cartoon! The kids have such real precocious vocabularies! Last night on abc they ran one show that I guess they first ran 35 years ago or so............

"It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" (certainly you remember this classic, don't you?) A couple of years ago, I sat in Borders and read a big book with lots of pictures that had to do with the making of the Peanuts strip, who the characters were based on, and then interviews with the children who did the voices of the characters! Sally, Linus, Charlie, Lucy, etc.

Last night on "G.P. charlie brown", one cool quote that Linus made was:

"There are 3 things I've learned never to discuss with people; religion, politics, and the great pumpkin!"

I noticed last night how beautiful the background music was for that particular show, (as well as the next show which I had never seen "You're not elected, charlie brown") If you saw these 2 30 minute shows last night, did you notice how beautiful the music was, and how intellligent a cartoon this is?!

For the 2nd show "You're not elected............." Sally said to Linus:

"WE ELECTED YOU AND YOU SOLD OUT. YOU'RE ALL THE SAME!"

No comments: