Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Is the glass half empty, or is the glass half full?"

I've been consumed with worry/fear re: the car. The night after Dan test drove it (saturday 9 days ago) it started making noises that worried me. I've continued to struggle with getting the key to turn in the ignition. Sometimes I have to try 10 times or more. Ive been terrified that the car will leave me stranded.

Friday morning I brought it in for them to fix the ignition and diagnose why the battery light and abs light are going on and off. They said bring it back on monday, or you'll be stuck without it over the weekend. I replied well even if I do have it over weekend, it could leave me stranded. He looked puzzled which means he still is not grasping what problem i'm having with the ignition.

Yesterday, I went to leave for the day, and there was an extremely loud banging when I step on the brake. I had to turn the car around and park it for the weekend. Tomorrow morning I have to ask them to pay for the towing, etc. and repair everything.....................I dread dealing with them. Only one of the four is nasty to me, but 2 of the 4 don't fullly seem to believe me.

I was so careful to make sure I was buying from somebody reputable. 3 acquaintances have said to me that it sounds like i got a lemon. However this dealership did include a "car fax" report with the car, and claim that anything reasonable is under warranty in the first 30 days. The dealer doesn't have a mechanic on site, they send it out to be repaired... which disallows me to communicate directly with a mechanic which i think could make a big difference, re: the ignition problem.

so eager to begin moving toward a normal life. Not ready to declare this car a lemon.........................

No comments: