Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Road rage, roadkill and related rantings

I must travel 7 miles of rural roadway before I meet up with falls road. On the way today, I saw something I've never seen before. Pet cat as roadkill. I wondred if i should call the cleanup people.

On the way home which was at dusk, 2 people began flashing their blinding lights at me for me doing 43 in a 45 zone. As per usual I came to a dead stop for each instance of road rage. These people have 4 opportunities to legally pass me when there are the dotted lines, yet they chose not to. The first time I came to the dead stop i sat there for 5 minutes.

Apparently they got the message and backed off. Altogether about 4 did pass me at about 80 mph. One of those vehicles must have hit a raccoon, which wasn't quite dead but was squirming in the middle of the street. Revolting and angering that most humans seems not to respect human or wildlife or they'd stay in the speed limit.

Yes, I have indeed blogged on this before, and it's one of the few times any of you have bothered to comment. Sure does stir folks up, this topic. Cuz i have no doubt that the majority of my readers do at least 15 to 20, AT LEAST 15 to 20 over the speed limit on rural roads. and that you are in a 4x frickin 4 dodge double wide ram with monster tires.................

I thought Manhattan would be a break from the road rage, but not really. the cabbies honk and rage even tho' there is a law against honking. 350 dollar fine if you honk. unenforeced law...............

No comments: