Sunday, April 29, 2007

THE CHILDREN'S CHORUS OF MD/SPRING CONCERT

On my last car I had a bumper sticker proclaiming:  DON'T POSTPONE JOY!

  Two of my greatest joys are being with children and listening to or performing music. Today's show was amazing! This was my first C.C.O.M. show. The children appeared to range between 6 and 17. Hey, is that little boy the boy I used to nanny for?! It sure looks like him! One little girl has long platinum curly blonde hair and glasses just like I did. I can tell which of the children are really moved to joy when they sing, versus the children who are coerced by parents to be in a choir.

"Omnia Sol" (let your heart be staid) is sung by 3 high school girls, 3 part harmony. It moves me to tears, it is so beautiful. Right after I start crying one of the singers starts crying, yet I don't think she saw me crying! Turns out that those 3 girls have been with the choir for 9 years and this is their last year. Lots of bouquets of flowers are given out. What a wonderful "spring break" this was!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's been a long time.

Ryan@electricmayhem.org