Thursday, April 12, 2007

My attempt to rent a car

Last Friday, I walked over to Lemon's*  Rent A Car. I wanted to wait for the manager as I thought I'd probably get better service this way. At least that is what I've learned from past experience with customer service. But the manager was on the phone, so,  one of the female employees came over to "help" me.

ME-"I need a car for 24 hours. Which of your cars is the cheapest?

CLERK-"We ain't got none dat's da cheapest!"

ME-"What?"

CLERK-(appearing exasperated) she looks over to the manager to ask him a question but he is talking on the phone. "She want economy!" the clerk yelled to the manager.

ME-"Actually, that isn't what I said. I asked which cars are the cheapest.

CLERK-"We ain't got no cars"

ME- "You don't have any cars?" (at this point I am at my wits end)

CLERK-"You need to make a reservation"

ME-"That doesn't help me because I need a car today." I walk out totally exasperated.

(I try again a week later and I get a professional sounding clerk on the phone, and successfully rent the car for a day! This rental car center is closest to my home, and the cheapest in Baltimore. This is why I went back!)

No comments: