Thursday, April 12, 2007

"The Contest"

They call it "The Secret."

 I've been using those sorts of principles for a long time.   The basic idea is the "law of attraction" thinking positively, and drawing positive people and positive things into your life. It's just one part of a spiritual principle that I've tried to live by in the last 10 years or so.

Recently,  I learned of a drawing/contest  near my house. I thought the drawing would take place that day, instead, only the entry took place on that Saturday. That's o.k. I walk in the doors of the bank, and there are about 6 employees of Jack FM in the lobby. There is a table with a hat on it. I ask one employee, "how do i enter?" He said, you just put your name in this hat. I told the Jack FM staff that I had been visualizing winning the money everyday. That I was visualizing what I was going to spend the money on, and visualize my name being called. One employee replied: "Oh, yes, that's from "the secret!" Reader, I thought I put my name in the hat for the contest I heard about on the radio (for 1k a month for the rest of your life) instead, the contest is for something else it turns out! The Jack staffer mentioned something about baseball, and I really had no idea what he was talking about! I walk further into the bank to sit down and wait for the name to be picked out of the hat.

Instead, a female teller, Jane, asks me: "Have you enrolled for the contest yet?" "Yes" I replied, the hat was in the lobby of the bank. She said: "That's for the baseball tickets! Don't you want to register to win the 1k a month?!" "Yes, I replied, that's what I thought the hat was for! The teller enrolls me for the 1k a month contest and promises to call me after the drawing. In the meantime, I sit and wait for the Jack FM drawing to happen.

12:00 rolls around and they pull the name out of the hat. "Elana Snyder, you won!" "Wow! I thought, and I don't even like baseball!" The entire Jack fm staff takes photos of me with them! I have no idea where the photos will be posted. Anyhow, I get a knowing wink from staff who heard me talking about the secret! Another man, hearing about my visualization "trick" yells out:

"PLEASE, WILL YOU VISUALIZE ME IN A FERRARI?!"

1 comment:

Mark said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! Bob Proctor has some other very informative and uplifting CD's and DVD's as well.
May your dreams come true.
floyd@hostiam.com