Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Golf Carts as mainstream form of transit"

There was a clip on some show such as Entertainment Tonight recently on this issue. A few months ago, I was on the hospital campus in Towson and needed a ride to the bus stop. I was dissapointed and surprised when I was picked up in a golf cart. There were no seat belts and given the way people drive on the hospital campus, I did not feel safe at all. I thought that I'll never ride in a golf cart on a main road again.

Then this clip shows up on e.t. "50 thousand people a year are injured in golf cart accidents." Of course part of the idea behind the golf carts is to save gas, help the environment etcetera but they just don't have any or many safety features at all. I'm definitely against golf carts for use around town and to transport people on main roads until safety belts and other safety features are included in all of them.

No comments: