Thursday, September 25, 2008

"I received the car accident settlement"

Remember the doofus driving the dodge ram who lost her brakes? I finally received the accident settlement. But I still have that grueling decision to make. Move out of the state so i can buy more car for the money (having 2 addresses is against HUD rules) or stay in MD and reconcile myself to the fact that the state has wontheir case against me (essentially fining me for my 6/03 homeless episode) and go ahead and pay off the remainder of the fine.

One of my biggest frustrations is knowing that due to poor credit I can't afford a reliable car. I must go back to what I've always done. Drive a junker and pray that it runs long enough that I can make some money!

My 92 sable broke down permanently in 7/06 and I never in a million years thought It'd be more than 2 years before I could replace it.

If only I could stop thinking about the unfairness of life. Because even if there wasn't the fine, it certainly isn't fair that rents in Baltimore county on a 1 bedroom apt. are around 950 if you want to live in a safe neighborhood. That's not fair either. But I think it's a human beings tendency to obsess about the unfairness of life. Just watch the local news. It's always relatives crying that "their friend or relative didn't "deserve" to be murdered" No-one deserves to be murdered. What a ridiculous thing to say. A life cut short is never fair.

It probably is best to just buy some car then no car at all even if it means there are no guarantees as to how long it will run since I can probably make up the fine amt. by becoming more employable almost overnight.

No comments: