Monday, February 9, 2009

Elana reviews grammy performances/"I want to thank god, and i want to thank my mother and..."

One thing that has always stood out to me about awards shows is that most celebrities upon receiving an award, thank god or thank jesus which is why i titled this the way i did.

I review the performances mainly as opposed to who received an award which doesn't mean much to me.

I did not enjoy the way Katie Perry sounded on "I kissed a girl and I liked it"

I didn't like the way Kanye west sounded either in his performances, but I did like the girl's voice who backed up Kanye West.

Justin Timberlake and A Green. Love J's voice. Loved Al Green's original song, but in this case I thought J. sounded better on A.'s song than A did!

I loved Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift together. Love their voices, personalities and showmanship.

Normally I like the Jonas brothers and I have always loved Stevie Wonder's Superstitious but I think the Jonas Brothers butchered Wonder's song last night.

The Emcee (like most Emcees) sounded like an idiot (Dwayne Johnson) when saying that he kissed K. Perry and she had to get out a restraining order against him. Not funny, just plain stupid. The cameras panned to Perry's face; she looked very surprised and displeased about being singled out in that way.

I liked Coldplay.

(Who I've seen live)

Madonna in 94 in Melbourne, Australia while I was living there.
Allison Krauss between 90 and 95 at the Tippecanoe Fiddler's Fest in Indiana.

Back to the grammys

You know how much I love a strong woman and as usual Queen Latifah shined as an introducer last night.

"Standing There" by McCartney. Vocals were so-so, instrumentals genius. No matter, I'm a huge Beetles fan as well as a huge fan of McCartney and Wings and used to have Wing's 45's in my record collection. ( I had to sell all of my 45's for food money a few years ago.)

Who was the blonde female country singer who sang: Why don't you stay....I'm so tired off being lonley" she had a gorgeous voice , pretty song. She also sang next with Adele who I thought was so so.

(You know I really need to make a you tube video of my singing one to three cover songs of different genres, so you can see what I'm made of)

On Radiohead

Loved the percussion, but did not like the style or voice of the main vocalist.

It was nice to hear Smokey Robinson and the rest do "i'll be there"

On Neal Diamond

I had that 45 as a little girl: "Sweet Caroline"

His voice still sounds good, but I did not the like the voices of his back up girls.

Diamond looks terrific! Talk about aging gracefully!

What did you think of the Grammys?

No comments: