Monday, February 23, 2009

"How did I get here?/What am I doing here?!"

The events and characters of 2/20/09

Brad
Lewis
Linda
Maggie
Tyisha
Ellen
Jim
Dwayne
Max
Alice

I entered at 5 p.m. They're playing Bingo. I don't think I've played that since I was 10.

Brad-"Wanna play Elana?"

E-"Sure"

They give ma a playing card but no chips. I see people with plastic playing pieces with letters on them. Others have wooden round chips. Linda has made up 4 words with the plastic pieces on the table adjacent to her card. I'm confused!

E-"I don't remember how to play" I asked why Linda has words set up next to her card.

Brad-"Some people just do that" he announced.

E-"How many chips do I need?"

Brad-"You'll have to use these plastic chips with letters on them. There are no more wooden chips"

Brad-"G57"
"G57" he repeats very loudly.

Linda "Did you say B37?"
Tyesha-"What did he say?"

Brad-B24
"B24" Brad says again

Max-"Did you say D-44?"

Brad "NO I SAID B24!"

This goes on for quite a while. I win the 3rd round.

Elana-"What is the prize?"

Brad-"The prizes are on the table, you can pick one.

I walk over to the table and these are the prizes I see that are left. (Unfortunately someone has already "won" the toilet paper, something I've needed for a while)

The prizes are

air freshener
cookies
cans of soda
shaving cream

toothpaste
storage containers

I pick the air freshener. Maybe it's wishful thinking. The room stinks of cat and smells as if it hasn't been thoroughly cleaned in years.

We go for another round. I don't want my same card so I ask Tyesha if she'd like to trade cards. "Yes" she said.

Brad-"I-9"

"I-9"

lewis-"Did you say H3?" To nobody in particular Lewis goes on to say: "You're not allowed to trade cards that's cheating." What was the #?"

E-"I-9" I said.

Brad "N34"
"N34"

Lewis-"The rules are you have to keep your same card."

Alice-"I think the last call was O44"

This goes on for a while. I win again. I go over to the prize table and put my hands on the cookies planning to give them to Lewis when a hand slams down on top of mine which is on the cookies

Maggie-"Don't you dare!" Maggie yelled at me "Day mines cookies!"

Elana-"I'M SORRY!"

I pick the toothpaste and wonder where in my apt I should hide it so the maintenance man doesn't find it and steal it.

end part 1

No comments: