Thursday, February 26, 2009

"You have a tremendous gift"

Last week I had a random conversation with a stranger at the public library. Turns out he's a retired voice teacher. Taught voice for 28 years to elementary kids in the county public schools. I told him I'm a singer and that I'd love for us to get together and have him assess my singing voice.

We met up at a music store today in one of the piano rooms (he's a pianist also) and I sang 5 songs for him. We even did a duet and some harmonies. He says my voice is beautiful, and I have a tremendous gift. He can't believe I haven't had any private voice training and encourages me to work with a vocal teacher.

He said that he has a gig in a "very upscale establishment" and that he'd love for me to be a guest performer with him! "You're voice is perfect for this venue." he said.

Here are the songs I performed for him today:

BORN AGAIN (We sang this as a male/female duet)
BOTH SIDES NOW
THE ROSE (Bette Midler)
YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE
DUST IN THE WIND

It was wonderful to get this kind of feedback from a professional!

No comments: