Saturday, February 14, 2009

An hour or so of calm in the midst of the storm/How to save 1.65 a day

I found a lovely place of indoor sanctuary recently. Have you been to "Ukazoo" Books in Towson? What a lovely bookstore. Independently owned, very large, many many leather chairs scattered throughout the store. They play only 70's music. And if you can't afford the 1.65 a day (or more) for coffee out, but love to have coffee out, the coffee is free.

About 45 min. after my arrival a family began setting up a table of food! Turned out that not only did I get my coffee for free, but there happened to be an art opening today as well, which meant that I got my brunch for free too!

When it was time to go "potty!" , I had to go to the clerk to get a key to the restroom. The key was attached to a preschoolers book for boys entitled: "It's potty time for boys!"

Next time you need to buy a book, or need a place of peace and sanctuary I recommend the independently owned:

UKAZOO BOOKS

It's in the Super Fresh shopping mall hiding in the back............................

(If you aren't a coffee drinker they have tea also)

No comments: