Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"I've been out of comission"

I've been out of comission for 5 days with a migraine. Ahh, the joys of stress related illness. The day that the migraine came on was an eventful 24 hours indeed. I've just barely been able to hang on to my car. A donor made my Feb and March car insurance payment, if it weren't for that I would have lost the car. About 6 days ago I get a call from this bank (my April car payment is late) and they leave this message on my voice mail that they want to discuss my account with me. Within an hour my head starts pounding and I fear they will repossess the car. Initially I just leave a message on their voice mail then I decide that this is one creditor you don't want to avoid.

I call them back the next day and they say WE JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WE'RE NOW THE HOLDER OF THE LOAN, SO YOU'LL BE MAKING YOUR PAYMENTS TO US, INSTEAD" (She seemed very nice and laid back) I replied "You aren't calling about my late payment?" "No, we're not!"

Next, I call the car insurance company to find out if they have cancelled me yet, as I am late with that too. They replied, "MS. snyder you don't owe anything until May!"

Then, I'm cleaning the apt. trying to get rid of as much belongings as possible in part because of the robberies and in part because I want to be ready to run as soon as I find a place. I discover a piece of mail from the Motor Vehicles Admin that states that my registration was cancelled on 3/20/09! Because I didn't do my emissions test! I really panicked and couldn't believe I had been driving with an expired registration and didn't even know it! I called them up and the issue was resolved in 5 minutes...................................

Stress related illness is very real.

No comments: