Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Trying to find ways of coping with the apt. break ins"

By getting rid of as much as possible, I"m even trying to sell the furniture which the vandals have vandalized with a knife or a box cutter. No matter whether you get rid of your valuables or not it doesn't matter. Whoever is doing these break ins is doing it in part as a way of mind control. Because if you don't have anything valuable they'll just go ahead and steal your toilet paper or dump your meds on the floor for example.

This morning I noticed that (sometime in the last 48 hours) they were in my apt. and they found one of my older journals (1995) ironically that I had labelled "Surely this must be hell" About how abusive my employers and co workers were when I worked as a social worker for the developmentally disabled for Chimes organization. Well this vandal scribbled out my name on the front of the journal. Surely, THIS must be hell.

I debate on whether or not to slow up my day even more by calling the cops. 1/2 the time they won't make a police report, and calling them in the past has not made me any safer. I don't plan to go to city court or press charges because that actually puts my life in danger, so i decided not to call the cops.

Last week there wasa meeting in the community room which had a different feel to it then any other meeting I've ever been to at la pew. There was a new manager there, there were a couple of people there from the company that just bought La Pew and there were a couple of cops there. The cops blew off our safety concerns and said "this is a very safe building you'll just have to look out for one another" Well , that isn't going to happen. But there was one new manager there who was my only experience ever with La Pew with professionalism. (i.e. I've never met anyone professional who worked for La pew before)

She was stunned that I haven't had a working heater in over a year. Also, I did raise my hand and talk about the robberies. That got the ball rolling for 2 other women to talk about break ins to their apts. too. One woman was just robbed on Easter Sunday. They took her purse. Normally they take food and clothes like they have done with me.

I'm still trying very very hard to find safer digs, so far to no avail. Today I have chest pain and tremors after the discovery that they had found one of my journals......................................

The only good news I have is that I've found a quiet place to blog. A computer room that is semi private and that I just learned about in the Pikesville area of Baltimore.

No comments: