Sunday, June 27, 2010

"In my opinion/megabus.com"

My experience with megabus. The ad on the side of the bus states that you can ride for $1. That's only if you are the first to book on a particular ride. The average price for a one way tick from balto to manhattan is about 20. that's a great deal. BUT

I had to make approximately 4 calls to the 1800 number. Even when I asked for a supervisor I was not put thru. No one knew anything about the discounted broadway show tix. I was told I should email the website. I sent 3 emails over the course of 10 days got zero responses.

I had to change my date of return, the website didn't allow me to accomplish that. I paid double for my return ticket. I had arrived to the Mega bus stop almost 3 hours early (back to baltimore) and asked what is the procedure for going back on an earlier bus. The employee said just stand to the side and I'll get to you. I was forgotten about. The couple next to me didn't know that they could get to Baltimore by taking a bus labelled Washington. I only knew it because I overheard it.

Even tho' the mbus employee knew I was waiting he didn't bother to tell me that I would need to walk across the street to the mega bus tick office and buy a change ticket fee. He had me do that while the bus was full and ready to take off. I feared they'd leave without me.

Due to construction we were 1.5 hours late getting back to White Marsh. My car was adorned with a ticket (a summons) because I was forced to double park. There were no more lined spaces at the park and ride when I arrived. About 40 people were forced to double park. So now the city is going to make a bundle by dragging us all to court. Now instead of focussing on some other critical health issues I need to waste time makingcalls about court.

My ticket says that I have 15 days to call and schedule a court date yet my ticket was blank. All lines were blank. The ticket wasn't dated nor signed by an officer. If my car were to be impounded say 200 first day. The true cost of a round trip mega bus ticket balto to manhattan would be about 255 dollars!

No comments: