Friday, June 11, 2010

Review of "Shrek For ever after"

Overall I'd have to say that I did not care for this movie. Admittedly I am influenced by the way other patrons behave which tends to be pretty badly. There were 5 patrons and one talked all the way through. I had to move my seat twice.

But beyond that in all fairness the graphics were amazing. The way they make the characters look so human like is very neat-o. The only other Shrek I've seen was in '01. HOw could I forget. My roomate was Pauli and he could sit day after day and watch back to back Shrek over and over again. When it was his weekend to get his 4 children, he'd plop them down in front of Shrek!

The music was good, the plot good, but the overall tone of the movie was sad. There was a bit of sadness and pseudo violence. I was hoping for something with more laughs.

Boy was I surprised to see that Julie Andrews was the voice for one of the characters. And Eddie Murphy again for the donkey. There were some other great voices too.

What I did like was the strong female character of Fiona. You may recall from previous posts that I love a strong woman!

No comments: